Software Engineer Manager
- - Engineering
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
PERQ's Online Guided Shopping is an Artificial Intelligence solution that increases website conversion. We use over 10 million consumer data points along with real time visitor behavior to dynamically change existing websites and deliver the next best step in each shopper's personalized buying journey.
We're a company built of people who love winning the game of business and working toward the common goal of achieving success for our clients. Check out: https://perq.com/company/ to learn more.
We are looking for a highly skilled leader, agile champion, and team builder to manage the software engineering team. This individual will work to optimize SCRUM teams, individuals, and processes to deliver high quality software in an agile software development life cycle. We are looking for someone who is collaborative, passionate about developing high quality software, and technically strong.
This individual will manage and lead a team of exceptional software engineers of varying experience levels. Reporting to the EVP of Technology, this individual will help ensure we continue to build high caliber products for our customers by using best practices around software development and agile methodologies in PERQ's SaaS web application, data analytics engine, and integration platform. They will also work closely with Product Management to help define the scope, budget, and feature sets of the product.
- Lead, manage, and mentor a team of software engineers
- Performance management and career pathing for existing staff as well as incoming team members
- Assist in recruitment efforts, interviewing, hiring and onboarding
- Daily management of standups as the ScrumMaster for multiple SCRUM teams
- Ensuring teams have clear priorities, adequate resources, and the ability to self-organize
- Drive the execution and delivery of features by collaborating with many cross functional teams, such as software architects and engineers, product owners and QA, creating alignment on objectives, priorities, tradeoffs and risk
- Participate in architecture and feature discussions and planning
- Advocate for technical excellence and quality while helping teams make good decisions
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Adept at the fundamentals of management such as one-on-ones, giving feedback, coaching, and team building
- Experience scaling agile practices in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices including coding standards, code reviews, continuous integration, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to communicate technical concepts with both technical and non-technical teams to help understand requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Ability to consistently produce high quality work within tight deadlines by prioritizing, identifying roadblocks, and effective team collaboration
- Puts the team first and drives a culture focused on excellence, team work, respect, and execution
- Ability to maintain high morale and motivate the team to excel
- Ability to make critical decisions that correlate to the success of the product
- Able to be proactive in foreseeing issues and resolving them before they happen
- Bachelor's in computer science or related field
- 10 or more years of experience building and deploying software
- 1-3 years of leading a software team
- 3+ years of operating in Agile/Scrum methodologies in a fast-paced environment. ScrumMaster experience preferred
- 2+ years of experience in .NET/C#
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.