Marketing Events Manager
- Marketing - Marketing
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
PERQ is an engagement technology company providing solutions that connect consumers to brands. We're a company built of people who love winning the game of business and working towards the common goal of achieving success for our clients. Check out: http://perq.com/about-us/culture to learn more.
We are looking for an individual with abilities to drive support to sales divisions through lead generation efforts at events, speaking engagements, webinars, etc. This individual will be responsible for coordination and researching of all potential events, travel details, staffing, and ultimately amount of leads/bookings generated from a given event. The Marketing Events Manager will be responsible for brand awareness at each event and coordinating with key clients, conference planners, and all other stakeholders to ensure we're getting visibility and engagement. This includes researching, executing, and managing follow up on right-fit events; and managing connected demand generation initiatives for a multi-channel lead generation strategy. Outside of lead generation, the Events Manager must foster brand awareness and thought leadership with the initiatives and be an intentional steward of the brand. This individual must thrive for interaction with other business professionals, have magnetic energy, and the savviness to engage potential customers about our products.
This could be the job for you if you'd like to:
- Make strategic decisions on events based on target market, budget, right-fit audience/company size density, internal bandwidth, and speaking potential
- Continually iterate and update booth messaging and design to ensure the brand value is being presented in the best way and providing best in-booth experience to attendees
- Work closely with sales team for enablement of event strategy including on-site experience ownership, timing, and frequency for post-event follow up
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of product offerings, value props, common objections, and brand development to ensure the most targeted experiences
- Report on MQL/SQL actuals for marketing programs to evaluate if and where strategy needs to change and ensure programs are meeting the demand gen model
- Escalate opportunities and manage logistics and follow up for direct mail nurture campaigns targeting outbound/inbound and event leads
- Create and maintain partnerships for webinars and manage ongoing relationships in order to provide insight for further lead generation opportunities
- Continually optimize event demand generation campaigns, messaging and follow up cadence
- Manage programs budget to ensure the budget is producing desired ROI and that spend is staying at or under what was allocated
- Create and monitor follow up from speaking engagements – ensure that these prospects receive the same quality brand experience
The Ideal Candidate
This individual will have thorough knowledge in areas related to the marketing/sales funnel relationship. The Marketing Coordinator will be required to travel regularly and participate in events, working and developing partnerships at events and with conference stakeholders. This individual will be expected to exude significant networking skills and ability to engage potential customers in a short period. Individuals will also be responsible for content creation to help drive campaigns leading up to events. This individual will be responsible for planning out calendars and schedule throughout the year, so ability to multitask and prioritize will be key.
- Magnetism: You know how to work a crowd. Your social influence impacts those around you. You have an innate understanding how to navigate within complex social environments while being a focal point for those around you.
- Savvy: You can read a room and understand how the elements within a social setting can work together for a positive experience connected to your goal.
- You have an intellectual understanding of how a social environment can work successfully.
- Competitive Greatness: You have an innate desire to accomplish. You like to set goals, and probably create lists of things that need to be done to accomplish these goals. Work productively and efficiently is important to you while you move through your list. Check. Check. Check.
- Grit: Are you able to pick yourself back up and keep going after it? Your strength of purpose drives you to follow through, prioritize, take action, and stay on track even when life knocks you down. Those easily defeated need not apply.
The 'Other Stuff'
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, public relations, management, advertising, or journalism is a plus
- Communication skills, ability to absorb product knowledge, high energy, and content creation skills.
- Basic skills in Adobe Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Spark)
- Prior experience with technical tools like email building software, publishing platforms, and some basic HTML.
- Project management skills through Agile Scrum Methodology is a plus.
- Full health benefits, dental/vision available
- 401k plan
- Paid-Time-Off (Vacation, holidays, extended holiday break in December)
- Bonuses based on company performance
- Open Book Financials
- Casual Dress
- On-site Gym - full, on-site gym: free weights, cardio machines, locker room with full showers
- Collaborative, team-focused environment
- Community Giveback Program