Account Executive - Furniture
- Sales - Technology Sales
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
PERQ is an engagement technology company providing solutions that connect consumers to brands. We're a company built of people who love winning the game of business and working towards the common goal of achieving success for our clients. Check out: http://perq.com/about-us/culture to learn more.
We are looking for an individual with a history of sales success and extensive knowledge of the furniture industry. Specifically, individuals who understand the effectiveness of the sales process from prospecting, relationship building, and closing all over the phone and using tools such as GoToMeeting. This role will leverage your skills at outbound marketing (cold calls, email, and social media) to engage marketing decision makers at furniture companies. Your goal is achieving sales quotas though high activity, sales and industry expertise and strong negotiation skills.
This could be the job for you if you'd like to:
- Develop a sales-focused team for the furniture division within a high growth technology company
- Be recognized for your contributions
- Continue your career in technology-focused inside sales
- Build an "A player" reputation for work ethic
- Get paid for your performance
- To leverage a solid foundation and knowledge of furniture industries and how technology can help convert sales opportunities.
A typical day may include:
- Prospecting leads to secure demos
- Closing deals and networking with referrals
- Celebrating individual and team results
- Sales training and collaborating with teammates on creative approaches to improve results
- Developing new business via telephone and digital communication such as email and social media
- Following up on leads and conduct research to identify potential prospects
- Utilizing Salesforce.com and Salesvue Prospecting technology
- Occasional travel for trade shows and in-person demo's
The Ideal Candidate
Someone who is looking to prove they have what it takes to be successful in technology-focused sales roles for the furniture industry. Ideal candidates will be highly competitive, confident, resilient, and focused on getting better every day while producing results. Individuals must be knowledgeable around digital marketing and be self-driven to perform while demonstrating value of the technology.
- Magnetism: Are you a passionate communicator and do people listen when you speak? This job is all about getting people to listen to you.
- Savvy: Are you quick on your feet? Do people consider you to be a problem solver? Overcoming objections in the moment requires the ability to think and act quickly, but with style!
- Competitive Greatness: Do you have to win and do everything you can within your values? This role is highly competitive.
- Grit: Are you able to pick yourself back up and keep going after it? If not, sales isn't the job for you. Those easily defeated need not apply.
The 'Other Stuff'
- Bachelor's degree in business, sales/marketing or equivalent experience
- Thorough understanding of the furniture industry, including retail store sales, relationships between stores and manufacturers, industry and marketing trends, ability to present well at trade shows and network with other professionals.
- 2 - 5 years of experience – prefer inside sales experience
- Experience selling technology with at least a $6k yearly contract is a plus
- Motivated, positive attitude and relentless pursuit of innovation and achievement
- Self-starting, curious, and hungry to learn
You will be measured on these Key Performance Indicators:
# of phone calls: Simply measures the amount of outgoing calls.
# of demos set: The number of demos scheduled during the calendar month.
# of demos completed: Total number of demos kept & completed.
# of sales and revenue closed: Number of leads generated closed during the month.
- Full health benefits, dental/vision available
- 401k plan
- Paid-Time-Off (Vacation, holidays, extended holiday break in December)
- Bonuses based on company performance
- Open Book Financials
- Casual Dress
- On-site Gym - full, on-site gym: free weights, cardio machines, locker room with full showers
- Collaborative, team-focused environment
- Community Giveback Program
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media